¡Tengo miedo! is the second unit of the year for “Ciclo de Cuerpo” of the ¡No me digas! Curriculum for Elementary Spanish students (Pre-K – 2nd grade) targeting Novice-Low and Novice-Mid students.
** This unit follows ¡Qué lindo! – ¡No me digas! curriculum
TARGET VOCABULARY – tiene miedo, camina, corre
THEMATIC VOCABULARY – body parts, colors, numbers, animals
WORLD CONNECTIONS – Lucas, the spider (Jumping Spiders)
- 26 page Unit plans with detailed lesson plans, links to resources, differentiation plans for Novice-Low and Novice-Mid learners
- All presentations are in Spanish and comprehensible to Novice-Low & Novice-Mid students and include detailed teacher scripts in the two leveled versions.
- Presentations and instructions for a PQA discussion of students’ fears ¿De qué tienes miedo?
- TPRS story – El tigre tiene miedo del color rosado.
- Introduction and post activities for GPTV Salsa episode 114
- Unit overview with ACTFL standards, Can-do statements and differentiation notes.
- Seesaw Plus integration – All student activities are available on Seesaw already set up and ready to assign to your classes along with teacher directions. Print version of all activities also available
- Non-fiction lessons on jumping spiders
- Listening Comprehension Activities with Monster Guess Who?
- based in Comprehensible Input methods such as PQA, MovieTalk, and other CI activities
- created to be used across multiple grades at one time with differentiation notes for Novice-Low and Novice-Mid for EVERY lesson including different resources for each level. (For example, I will be using this unit for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade this Fall with minor changes to accommodate for Novice-Low and Novice-Mid learners. (However this unit could be used more traditionally as Unit 1 of Year 2 of ¡No me digas! – See video preview for more information.)
- Easily adaptable to digital learning with resources available in multiple formats such as PDFs, Google Slides, and Seesaw.