Because of the AWESOME videos released during SEÑOR WOOLY WEEK, I updated my bracket to include the new videos along with adding Me Duele which was not included in the original.
1) Each of the students fill out their own bracket (just like a March Madness tournament bracket).
2) Each day we watch the videos from that round, and then the students vote by secret ballot.
3) We call out the votes, and reasons for each vote.
4) Each class votes and the video with the most votes moves on to the next round, and is added to the large classroom bracket.
For more information and examples of teacher’s who have done the same with popular music see previous post.
How did I divide the songs?
1) I divided 24 videos into 4 subcategories: Older videos, Newer Videos, Animated Videos and Wild Cards
2) There were 6 videos in each category. I chose my favorites and/or favorites from previous years in each category, and they got an immediate pass to the second round.