If you haven’t heard, it is SEÑOR WOOLY WEEK!!!! There are surprises each day for subscribers starting today with the release of the video “NO LO TENGO.”
My students LOVE Señor Wooly, and the subscription to his website is money well-paid! So I thought we would enjoy Señor Wooly week to the fullest at my school.
So I created the SEÑOR WOOLY TOURNAMENT BRACKET which includes the bracket in PDF form, an editable Word document, and ballots for voting.
I got the idea from the people below who have done this with Popular Spanish Music:
How did I divide the songs?
- I divided 20 videos into 4 subcategories: Older videos, Newer Videos, Animated Videos and Wild Cards
- There were 5 videos in each category, so the math doesn’t quite work. So, I chose my favorite from each category, and it got an immediate pass to the second round.
- The second round has a choice of 3 videos instead of 2.
- There are technically 21 videos, but my students have never seen Me Duele in my class. I took that one out because it made the math easier.
- Each student fills out their own bracket (just like a March Madness tournament bracket).
- Each day we watch the videos from that round, and then the students vote by secret ballot. **The second round has 3 videos to choose from instead of 2.
- We call out the votes, and reasons for each vote.
- Each class votes and the video with the most votes moves on to the next round and is added to the large classroom bracket.
- If everything goes as planned, we will have a CAMPEÓN Friday afternoon.
My students are really excited! I can’t wait to see who wins.